Exercise with Cues
1) Roll Downs – Calm long breathes, breathing out as you reach down toward your toes. Slowly come back up to standing and reach with hand above head.
2) Lower Back Rotations (lying on back) – Bend knees up high, let drop side to side letting the pelvis follow so that the lower back rotates.
3) Archer – Lie on side with knees bent up. Draw elbow back and let shoulder follow through also. Feel movement in upper back.
Upper Limb Strength
(start by doing 4 sets of 8 repetitions for these)
1) Pullbacks – Hold onto theraband or pulley with hammer fist (thrumb facing forward) and with elbow kept straight, pull shoulder back to just past body.
2) Shrugs – Holding onto weight, shrug up and lower slowly
3) Shoulder Press – Holding onto weights, raise hands slowly above head, keeping shoulders relaxed in first 3rd of movement. Make sure you reach right up when at the top.
4) Bicep Curls – Pretty self explanatory. Keep reps nice and slow.
5) Stop Sign – Start with a wide stance and bent knees whilst leaning forward and rotated with hand at opposite knee. Uncoil and finish up at ‘stop sign’ position.
Lower Limb Strength
1) Squat – As if sitting on low chair behind you.
2) Split Lunge – Start in standing position then stride forward and drop back knee down, keeping the majority of weight on the front foot. Then push back up via front foot and bring back foot back to starting stand position.
Get in touch today