We’re being extra vigilant for your health and safety
Firstly, we’d like to reassure all of you that as a team of health professionals, hygiene and cleanliness is always a top priority for us. However, we’re taking extra precautions along with our regular procedures, which include:
- We contact our patients before they arrive to ensure that no one is showing signs of fever, or feeling unwell or have travelled in the past 14 days.
- We won’t shake your hand out of respect for your health.
- Wiping down, disinfecting and cleaning treatment plinths and face protectors between every patient- Further wiping down and cleaning of all surfaces in the treatment rooms regularly.
- Hand sanitiser is available at reception as well as in all of our treatment rooms and we ask all patients to wash/sanitise their hands before and after entering the treatment and/or rehab areas.
- We are continuing to encourage the use of contactless payments where available.
- Both our physiotherapists and admin team members practise physical distancing and are health screened to ensure your safety.We recommend clients bring their own clean towels for treatment and rehabilitation.
- Clinicians are staying up to date on the situation, and are exercising precautions to place the health and safety of all our staff as their top priority
Are you unsure if you should visit Star Physio?
Just like everywhere else, we’re exercising precautions when it comes to face to face visits in the clinic, and we’re asking that you do the same. We’re encouraging everyone to take every precaution they can in these times, even if you don’t think you’re in an at-risk demographic. We’re thinking big picture – we all love our Mums, Grandmums, and our Dads too! So please, if you meet any of the following criteria, we urge you to consider whether a face to face consultation is appropriate for you, and for our staff.
– If you have been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms
– If you have any at-risk family members, or close friends
We also require any clients who are considering a face to face visit to seek alternative options, along with government guidelines for self-isolation, if you:
– Have returned from overseas or interstate travel within 14 days of your appointment
– Have travelled to any of the countries or regions at risk
– Are experiencing any of the symptoms of the virus
– Have had any contact with a confirmed case, or someone suspected of being a confirmed case
We recognise that these are strong measures to take, however; we respect the nature of this virus, and how advanced it is. Your health has always been our top priority, and we want to keep it that way.
Triathlon - Best tips to train and perform like the pro’s Since working as Team Physiotherapist for Triathlon Australia, I’ve had the distinct pleasure of getting to work closely and learn from some of the world’s best endurance coaches and athletes. When put in an...
Chronic Lower Back Pain Information. Dr Kevin Wernli, PhD in lower back pain is an expert physiotherapist who works at Star Physio in Mosman Park. Listen to Kevin speak about new information about chronic and ongoing lower back pain and how we can help you! For...
Knee rehab to recon in 2022 Are you a GP dealing with patients with knee pain? Are you up to date with the latest research and information on conservative management of knee pain, arthritis and the GLA:D Program? Are you aware of the new advances in technology and...
TOP INDOOR CYCLING TIPS FOR WINTER By Dan Davis, Star Physiotherapist, Exercise Physiologist and Bikefit Professional. Heading into the colder months many of us will resort to cycle training on the stationary bike aka ‘the turbo’. Changing to this setup has a range...