We’re being extra vigilant for your health and safety
Firstly, we’d like to reassure all of you that as a team of health professionals, hygiene and cleanliness is always a top priority for us. However, we’re taking extra precautions along with our regular procedures, which include:
- We contact our patients before they arrive to ensure that no one is showing signs of fever, or feeling unwell or have travelled in the past 14 days.
- We won’t shake your hand out of respect for your health.
- Wiping down, disinfecting and cleaning treatment plinths and face protectors between every patient- Further wiping down and cleaning of all surfaces in the treatment rooms regularly.
- Hand sanitiser is available at reception as well as in all of our treatment rooms and we ask all patients to wash/sanitise their hands before and after entering the treatment and/or rehab areas.
- We are continuing to encourage the use of contactless payments where available.
- Both our physiotherapists and admin team members practise physical distancing and are health screened to ensure your safety.We recommend clients bring their own clean towels for treatment and rehabilitation.
- Clinicians are staying up to date on the situation, and are exercising precautions to place the health and safety of all our staff as their top priority
Are you unsure if you should visit Star Physio?
Just like everywhere else, we’re exercising precautions when it comes to face to face visits in the clinic, and we’re asking that you do the same. We’re encouraging everyone to take every precaution they can in these times, even if you don’t think you’re in an at-risk demographic. We’re thinking big picture – we all love our Mums, Grandmums, and our Dads too! So please, if you meet any of the following criteria, we urge you to consider whether a face to face consultation is appropriate for you, and for our staff.
– If you have been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms
– If you have any at-risk family members, or close friends
We also require any clients who are considering a face to face visit to seek alternative options, along with government guidelines for self-isolation, if you:
– Have returned from overseas or interstate travel within 14 days of your appointment
– Have travelled to any of the countries or regions at risk
– Are experiencing any of the symptoms of the virus
– Have had any contact with a confirmed case, or someone suspected of being a confirmed case
We recognise that these are strong measures to take, however; we respect the nature of this virus, and how advanced it is. Your health has always been our top priority, and we want to keep it that way.
GLA:D Education and Exercise for Arthritis Program at Star Physio! GLA:D®, or Good Life with Arthritis: Denmark, is an education and exercise program developed by researchers in Denmark for people with hip or knee osteoarthritis (OA) symptoms. The experts at Star...
Summer Physio Specials at Star Physio. Just when we thought it was safe to start "feeling normal" , enter lockdown #2! Hopefully we have dodged this one with only minor pain and we can look forward to a full calendar or events this year. Star Physio are once again...
Best Treatment for Plantar Fasciitis. What is it? Plantar Fasciitis, heel pain or heel spurs is broadly described as pain near the heel of the foot. It is usually as an overuse injury, although the experts at Star Physio describe it as an “under-prepared injury” where...
How can I maintain strength without a gym? Steve Jeffries, Senior Physiotherapist and Strength and Conditioning Expert, with the additional expertise of Star Physio Director Dr Merv Travers (PhD)share the best information on maintaining your strength training while...