We’re being extra vigilant for your health and safety
Firstly, we’d like to reassure all of you that as a team of health professionals, hygiene and cleanliness is always a top priority for us. However, we’re taking extra precautions along with our regular procedures, which include:
- We contact our patients before they arrive to ensure that no one is showing signs of fever, or feeling unwell or have travelled in the past 14 days.
- We won’t shake your hand out of respect for your health.
- Wiping down, disinfecting and cleaning treatment plinths and face protectors between every patient- Further wiping down and cleaning of all surfaces in the treatment rooms regularly.
- Hand sanitiser is available at reception as well as in all of our treatment rooms and we ask all patients to wash/sanitise their hands before and after entering the treatment and/or rehab areas.
- We are continuing to encourage the use of contactless payments where available.
- Both our physiotherapists and admin team members practise physical distancing and are health screened to ensure your safety.We recommend clients bring their own clean towels for treatment and rehabilitation.
- Clinicians are staying up to date on the situation, and are exercising precautions to place the health and safety of all our staff as their top priority
Are you unsure if you should visit Star Physio?
Just like everywhere else, we’re exercising precautions when it comes to face to face visits in the clinic, and we’re asking that you do the same. We’re encouraging everyone to take every precaution they can in these times, even if you don’t think you’re in an at-risk demographic. We’re thinking big picture – we all love our Mums, Grandmums, and our Dads too! So please, if you meet any of the following criteria, we urge you to consider whether a face to face consultation is appropriate for you, and for our staff.
– If you have been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms
– If you have any at-risk family members, or close friends
We also require any clients who are considering a face to face visit to seek alternative options, along with government guidelines for self-isolation, if you:
– Have returned from overseas or interstate travel within 14 days of your appointment
– Have travelled to any of the countries or regions at risk
– Are experiencing any of the symptoms of the virus
– Have had any contact with a confirmed case, or someone suspected of being a confirmed case
We recognise that these are strong measures to take, however; we respect the nature of this virus, and how advanced it is. Your health has always been our top priority, and we want to keep it that way.
Munda Biddi Bikepacking Musings! Earlier this year, Star Physio's Principal Physiotherapist and Bikefitter, Damian Oldmeadow, enjoyed 9 days of near perfect weather bikepacking on the Munda Biddi trail. Starting near Donnybrook and ending in Albany the trip totalled...
Premium Custom Cycling Orthotics Now Available at Star Physio Have you considered cycling orthotics? Are you currently using off the shelf inserts and are wondering if they are as good as it gets? Do you get foot pain or numbness? Have you got the ideal foot-pedal...
Free City to Surf Training Program Check out this great, safe running program developed by our expert physiotherapist for the Perth City to Surf. Star Physio's James Lewin is physiotherapist to the Australian Triathlon Team and an elite athlete and former professional...
Inability to balance one leg for 10 seconds linked to doubling in risk of death! The inability to stand on one leg for 10 seconds over the age of 50 years is linked to a near doubling in the risk of death from any cause within the next 10 years, finds...