Using your private health cover.
Many of us wrestle each year, when we receive our private health cover renewal notice, whether it is worth keeping or not. For some, it is like car insurance, there just in case something major happens, for others it is a critical part of allowing them to keep in tip top shape, both in managing niggles and injuries as well as for general health and prevention.
Most health funds reset their annual ancillary benefit limits on January 1st, meaning any unused benefits are forfeited. Sadly many people with great private health cover continue to live in pain until things get serious enough that they have to then have a large amount of treatment, often exceeding their benefit limits and wishing they had done something about it sooner!
Many top level private health covers offer rebates for low or no gap physiotherapy and podiatry appointments which can include treatment and rehabilitation, foot and nail care and orthotic prescription, clinical nutrition for weight control or health optimisation and even our incredible physiotherapy bikefit consultations!
With five weeks to go until the end of the year, why not use your private health cover to your advantage by seeing one of the experts at Star.
Ways to get the most out of your private health cover.
- Get those niggles, pains or injuries under control by seeing one of our expert physios or podiatrists. Book your appointment here!
- Have you got ongoing or chronic pain? Did you know we have an expert physiotherapist, Dr Kevin Wernli, who completed his PhD in Chronic pain available to see you at Mosman Park? Read more about Kevin here or book an appointment with him here.
- Are you neglecting your feet? Our expert podiatrists can help you with foot and ankle pain, ingrown nails and general foot care as well as sports podiatry and custom orthotic prescription. Book and appointment with Julie or Kinga here!
- Do you have knee pain or hip pain and have you been told you have arthritis and might require surgery? Read about our amazing GLAD program here, which has helped thousands of people around the world to less pain and more function without drugs and surgery. You can book and appointment with Aaron or Jemma who are accredited GLAD physiotherapists here!
- Are you still carrying some “COVID Kilograms” or would you just like some advice about the best diet for you for optimised health or to help you through surgery? Read about Clinical Nutrition here or book an appointment with Jemma here!
- Do you ride a bike or take part in triathlons? Do you get discomfort, saddle pain, knee pain, numbness or any niggles related to your cycling? If so, a physiotherapy bikefit appointment can help you. Check out here for lots of information on our experts and incredible technology to help you to cycle without pain or book an appointment here! And yes, your private health cover works for physiotherapy bikefit appointments too!
Don’t forget, use your private health cover before the 31st December or lose your 2022 benefits!!
Munda Biddi Bikepacking Musings! Earlier this year, Star Physio's Principal Physiotherapist and Bikefitter, Damian Oldmeadow, enjoyed 9 days of near perfect weather bikepacking on the Munda Biddi trail. Starting near Donnybrook and ending in Albany the trip totalled...
Premium Custom Cycling Orthotics Now Available at Star Physio Have you considered cycling orthotics? Are you currently using off the shelf inserts and are wondering if they are as good as it gets? Do you get foot pain or numbness? Have you got the ideal foot-pedal...
Free City to Surf Training Program Check out this great, safe running program developed by our expert physiotherapist for the Perth City to Surf. Star Physio's James Lewin is physiotherapist to the Australian Triathlon Team and an elite athlete and former professional...
Inability to balance one leg for 10 seconds linked to doubling in risk of death! The inability to stand on one leg for 10 seconds over the age of 50 years is linked to a near doubling in the risk of death from any cause within the next 10 years, finds...